This course is for DMEPOS suppliers with Respiratory, Power Mobility, Orthotics, Prosthetics, Therapeutic Shoes, Ocular, Somatic, Facial and Mastectomy.
DMEPOS suppliers, whether they are DME or O&P facilities, are at risk of losing their accreditation status as well as their billing privileges with Medicare if their day to day compliance is not met. This course covers CMS 26 Supplier Standards and the Quality Standards Section I and II, as well as Appendix A, B and C. (42 C.F.R. pt. 424, sec 424.57(c) - Section 140 of Chapter 15 of the Medicare Benefit Policy Manual), on how to protect your supplier number and how to reduce risks of non-compliance. It further covers not only how to become accredited, but also how to maintain your accreditation. Included in this important course are copies of each Standard and a step-by-step, standard-by-standard explanation of the duties a supplier must adhere to in order to maintain their accreditation.
All owners, employees, and new hires should complete this training, then repeat it annually to keep up with any changes.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the CMS Supplier Standards.
- Identify the requirements of the CMS Quality Standards.
- Describe the importance of compliance of each Standard.
- Understand the requirements of Intake & Assessment.
- Understand the requirements of Complaint resolution.
- Know what is expected in your Performance Improvement Program.
- Determine your risk of non-compliance.
- Understand Appendix A, B & C of the Quality Standards